March 4, 2023
250 W. 7th Street
DeRidder, LA 70634
The cost is $25 per household comprised of a husband, wife and dependent children.
SWLA Forestry meeting and forum
Saturday, March 4, 2023
The SWLA Forestry Association’s annual meeting and forestry forum is set Saturday, March 4 in DeRidder.
The event takes place from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the War Memorial Civic Center, 250 W. 7th Street.
The LSU AgCenter and SW LA Forestry Association will be presenting programs to help forest landowners and professional foresters with managing their forests more profitably.
Speakers and topics include:
· “The State of Louisiana Forestry,” Mr. Buck Vandersteen, Executive Director, LA Forestry Association
· USDA-NRCS Update, James Boyett, District Conservationist.
· LDAF Update
· LDWF & PBA Updates, CC Richmond, Private Lands Biologist
· Canfor Mill, to be announced
· Timber Markets, Dr. Jinggang Guo, Forest Economist, LSU AgCenter
· Carbon Credits for Landowners, Dr. Joe Chang, Forest Economist, LSU AgCenter
The cost is $25 per household comprised of a husband, wife and dependent children. The cost also includes annual membership dues and entitles members to attend other workshops at no charge. Deadline to register is Wednesday, March 1. Make checks payable to “SWLA Forestry Association” and mail payment to:
LSU AgCenter ATTN: K Hawkins
PO Box 609, DeRidder, LA 70634
For more information, contact Keith Hawkins, County Agent, 337-463-7006. Also, you may also obtain regular forestry and wildlife updates by sending your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.