February 9, 2019
War Memorial Civic Center
250 West 7th Street
DeRidder, LA 70634
SW La Foresty Forum
Saturday, February 9, 2019
The LSU AgCenter and SW LA Forestry Association will be presenting programs to help forest landowners and professional foresters with managing their forests more profitably.
• “The State of Louisiana Forestry”, Mr. Buck Vandersteen, Executive Director, LA Forestry Association
• USDA-NRCS Update, Mr. Corby, District Conservation
• LDAF Update, Mr. Jason Waguespack, District Forester, LDAF
• Wildlife: Chronic Wasting Disease; Quail Management, Dr. Ashley Long, AgCenter
• Maintaining Forest Soil Productivity during Short Rotations. Dr. William Patterson, Forest Soils Professor, Louisiana Tech.
• Update on Southern Pine Beetle, Dr. Jim Meeker, Entomologist, US Forest Service
The cost is $25 per household comprised of a husband, wife and dependent children. The cost also includes annual membership dues and entitles members to attend other workshops at no charge.