Early 1900s DeRidder

By the year 1905 citizens realized a need for further improvements. Land was purchased by the site of the present First Street School, and in 1906 a two story frame building was erected, complete with a bell tower. This building housed grades first to eleventh and was named DeRidder High School on October 11, 1906 by a resolution of the Calcasieu Parish School Board. In 1912 DeRidder High first graduation class consisted of one graduate, Miss Maggie Smitherman.
Early 1900s DeRidder, New School House